Monday, June 8, 2009

Oops. Missed one.


I realized that I didn't include this rug in my posts last week, so I apologize for the oversight.

This was the winner in the Primitive category and it is a wonderful interpretation of a Deanne Fitzpatrick rug, hooked by Elaine Alerton. What a wonderful palette in this rug and her colour plan is excellent and really balanced. Sometimes the Deanne rugs can become a bit of a mash of colour if not planned carefully. This one truly succeeded.

I'm sure that judging this many amazing rugs was no easy feat. There were so many great entries in every single category, it must have been very difficult choosing just one winner.

Kudos to all the judges and the winners.

No comments:

IT'S NOT HARD, IT'S NEW!

I love this expression. So much so that I bought a t-shirt that says so. I bought this from a knitwear designer I started following a few ye...