Monday, June 22, 2009

My Classy Class of Trent '09




Here are the 12 lovely ladies with whom I spent my week at Trent. How do I describe these wonderful women, other than to say they made my week the best it could be.

They came from all over the province. Some stayed and some commuted every day. Some were veteran hookers – others were relative newbies. But the one thing they had in common was their love of this wonderful craft.

We laughed – a lot. Sometimes we laughed so hard we cried. We learned. We listened. We shared - wool and yarn and beads and candy and stories about our lives. Every single day was jam packed from the time we arrived in the classroom until we reluctantly left.

We created incredible works of art – a lot of them – as you can see from the above pictures. Nearly everyone created one bag and started a second. There were belt buckles and pendants and glasses cases and business card holders and signs.

It was the fastest week of my life, and one of the most rewarding. I’m sure that no matter how many week-long schools are in my future, this will be the one that I will remember the most. This first time will be the benchmark against which all others will be measured.

Thanks again ladies for making it so special.

3 comments:

Jen Manuell said...

...it's sounds just like the spectacular class I was imagining (just wish I could have been there, too! ;-) )

Julie said...

Hi Wendi

Thanks for your nice note. Just like Jennifer, wishing I was in Ontario long enough to attend.

Yes, I am anxious to start my new project and will be starting this weekend, so pictures coming.

I sure would like to do a Jeanius Bag..just for fun one day!

Julie

Wendie Scott Davis said...

Hi Julie,

And I would love to do a jeanius bag workshop in Newfoundland!!!
Wouldn't that be amazing. Who knows - maybe some day we can arrange it.

IT'S NOT HARD, IT'S NEW!

I love this expression. So much so that I bought a t-shirt that says so. I bought this from a knitwear designer I started following a few ye...