After a couple of dedicated sessions on the weekend, I got the logs all done. I was so excited, I folded all the edges of the backing under to take this picture. And I had to stand on a chair - and the perspective is still wonky, but here it is.
I had to do a little "fancy footwork" with Max's hoof, since I had broken a cardinal rule and not run a pencil down my backing to ensure my pattern was straight. I was off a row or two, but that didn't take long - and was another valuable lesson.
As I folded in the edges, I noticed many places where my hooking could be tighter - plus some bona fide "holidays", so I have some filling in to do before the finishing begins.
Debbie from Quilters' Woodwork sent me an email suggesting "earth magnets" for hanging, so I visited the Lee Valley website and saw that they have many different sizes and shapes.
I will try to fill in the missing strips today and move on to the finishing ASAP, before I lose my momentum. A busy week this week may mean that I have to give myself till the 21st to finish.
And try to figure out the hanging logistics....