Wednesday, January 27, 2010

OK, Now it Feels Real.


Sure, there've been weeks of decluttering. Sure, I've been telling people that we've decided to sell. Sure, we signed the listing agreement. But let's face it, nothing says "I'm selling" like a realtor's sign on your lawn.

Wow!

I took this lousy picture with my Blackberry phone this morning, so I could post and share. And it really does have that finality to it - we have definitely made the decision. And when the "sold" banner goes on it, that will be the beginning of this end.

For the kids too, it's starting to become real. It's been in the works for so long, but it was just floating out there somewhere. Now the rubber is hitting the road and there will definitely be some emotional road kill - not a great turn of phrase, but somehow appropriate.

Only one more room to stage and then it's just a matter of keeping it perfect until next Tuesday.  The guys are heading north, so it will be easy looking after just me.

Tomorrow is the Agents' Open House and then the showings begin. Hopefully, lots of folks will fall in love with our house and a perfect buyer will love it for the next 26 years.

Wish us luck!!!




1 comment:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

I wish you lots of good luck and good wishes on the new leg of this journey called LIFE!!!! It should be fun to see what's around the next corner!!

IT'S NOT HARD, IT'S NEW!

I love this expression. So much so that I bought a t-shirt that says so. I bought this from a knitwear designer I started following a few ye...