This is my crochet hook with lots of duct tape. See, you really can do anything with duct tape, and it more than filled the bill. I got quite a bit of hooking done on Max and am feeling like I can get it done in time for the annual – mind you there is a house sale and a relocation to interrupt my plans LOL.
Here’s a picture of Max progress. I got a fair amount done on the bear, finished Max’s chest and got a good start on his legs. Then worked on the log in between. Realized I was running out of wool, so dyed some more on Sunday morning for the logs. And voila – a perfect match. The old is the little piece on top of the new. I think that’s my biggest victory so far in a dyeing match. I felt quite proud.
In order to make sure that my hookless situation never repeats, as soon as I got home, I put some of my hooks into a separate “cottage” pack along with some small scissors and a magnifier and measuring tape. So I’ll leave that pack there to make sure I always have tools.
But it was great to discover that no amount of adversity can keep a gal from hooking when she’s determined.