Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A great whipping tip from a pro.

I got an email in response to my post yesterday from Anne Boissinot. For those of you who don't know Anne, she is a dynamic hooker, teacher and inspiration point for many of us in the hooking community.

I have been privileged to be her student a few times as well as a co-committee member with her. She is creative, talented and an incredibly valued mentor to me. She is my voice of reason and keeps me on track and reminds me constantly to pace myself. I am honoured to call her my friend.

Her comment regarding yesterday's post was as thoughtful as all others. And as helpful. It comes as no surprise that this "multiple whipping" is another thing she has mastered and so her suggestion is tried and true.

Her recommendation is: "If you put your hoop on and do the first two as you would needlepoint it holds it steady and assists in moving a bit faster." In hindsight, I realize this would definitely things taught and straight and would have been very helpful. Good advice for next time. (Yes, I do plan on doing this again someday.)

As far as the last whip, you definitely need to do it freehand, since you will have trimmed off all excess backing. And Anne agreed with the roll forward decision - after all, she's the one who taught me that in the first place.

Thanks again, Anne. For everything.

No comments:

IT'S NOT HARD, IT'S NEW!

I love this expression. So much so that I bought a t-shirt that says so. I bought this from a knitwear designer I started following a few ye...