Monday, July 7, 2008

A perfect wedding.


This weekend my dear friend Elaine's daughter Cody was married on the beach. It was a spectacular day in every respect. The weather couldn't have been better, which is pretty important for an outdoor wedding. And every detail for this event was planned and executed brilliantly - by the bride herself. Cody is an event planner and I haven't been to any of her other shindigs, but I would have a hard time believing anything could top this one. She thought of everything.

Every sense participated in these nuptials. It was a feast for the eyes (every tiny detail tied into the colour scheme and beach theme) - gourmet fare from the h'ors d'oeuvres to the custom marshmallows for the bonfire - the sound of the water and great music for dancing. Ah yes, not to forget the tactile sensation of the sand on your feet, once you kicked of your shoes. It was all there.

It's wonderful to be part of a celebration that is so filled with joy. Too many gatherings of late are to mark the passing of parents and friends. This one was all about beginnings - a new life for Cody and Dan. The theme for their ceremony was "friendships" and I think they really understand how important that is to a marriage.

I was so happy to have been part of this very special day. It was positively perfect!

No comments:

IT'S NOT HARD, IT'S NEW!

I love this expression. So much so that I bought a t-shirt that says so. I bought this from a knitwear designer I started following a few ye...