Sunday, October 6, 2013

Oh My, It's October

And it's been a fast start to this month.

The work truck has been parked on my desk for a few weeks - the paying stuff, that is.
The baby present production line is in full swing.

I finished the quilt on time - squeaked in under my "end of September" artificial deadline. And I am so happy with the results that there is already another floating around in my head. Here is a picture of the little quilt with the edging on. Amazing how that just really finished it off.


A also finished four receiving blankets in bright colours to go with the quilt.  I love how the flannel is so much cushier than the ready-made blankets. And the plan is to do a quilt out of the little scraps and another flannel to tie everything together.



A couple of simple little newborn sweaters are off the needles, one still needing the buttons on. The colours in this photo are really off. The front one is a nice teal and the back one is actually a greyish periwinkle colour, not pink.

The Caramel cardigan is finished - just darning in the last of the ends. Will see if daughter would like it for a maternity sweater through till little Jackson arrives. But I have a feeling it is more my taste than hers, and she says that her pregnancy furnace is working overtime and she is always warm, so it may not work. (This is the designer's version - not the one I did - will post a picture later)


And in between all of this, I made this little critter for a friend's son. His name is Kwazii and he is an Octonaut. I had never heard of them before, but jokingly said when I saw them that I bet there was a knitting pattern for them. There wasn't but there was a crochet one, and though I am not great with a crochet pattern, here he is. I made one little 4 year old boy very happy.

And just to make sure there are lots more projects for the needles, I have fallen in love with this book and virtually everything inside it.




I have been a big fan of the designer for some time, and this book is just the cutest. There will be booties and hats and blankets, oh my. Good thing there are three little ones in the making, so I can do lots and lots without looking completely crazy.

There might just be a monster rug waiting in the wings too - you just never know.


No comments:

IT'S NOT HARD, IT'S NEW!

I love this expression. So much so that I bought a t-shirt that says so. I bought this from a knitwear designer I started following a few ye...