Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Gem of a Workshop

I am basking in the afterglow of a 2-day jewellery making workshop with Jennifer. It was held at the Purple Sock in Coldwater and was absolute heaven.

Jenn is a teacher who goes over the top in preparedness, sharing of her brilliance, and assisting everyone "hands on" when necessary. Everyone in the class was over the moon with what they made and what they learned.

Enough said, on with the show.

Here is what I made on Day l - the day of learning the techniques and creating something simple. This is on a simple neck ring and was made to go with a particular dress (though I already know of many more things that will be enhanced by it.)


And Day 2's creation was more of everything! More space, more hits of wonder, and a new way to make a neck hanging mechanism. I was surprised a little by the outcome, since it is a real departure from my usual colour palette. but I think it has enough going on to complement many different looks. In fact, as I type this, I am wearing it with browns and it is great!


As feared, this is a hopeless new addiction! So many possibilities and really a great way to feature broken jewellery pieces or other special bobbles in your collection. I see a "blue" version in my near future.

If you get a chance to take this class with Jennifer RUN DO NOT WALK to register. You will enjoy every second. I know that she is offering it in Deanne Fitzpatrick's studio on November 16th, so you east coasters can join the club of bejewelled devotees.



1 comment:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Love your new creations! That looks like a great class!!! Wish I were closer!!

IT'S NOT HARD, IT'S NEW!

I love this expression. So much so that I bought a t-shirt that says so. I bought this from a knitwear designer I started following a few ye...