Monday, October 5, 2009

Gaining perspective.

I missed a hookin this weekend and was very disappointed to have to do so. However, as the cold I have been nursing took a turn for the worse on Friday, I told myself that staying in my pjs for the day on Saturday would not only help me recover, but would also protect those very people I was anxious to see from catching my cold.

I listened to my own advice - the same I would give to my kids. And I feel much better for having done so. The other thing that a pj day did for me was allow me to sleep in, lie on the couch, devour several movies and knit - all without moving very far. This is a very different perspective for me, since I am usually on the tear from about 8:00 a.m., but I must confess that after getting over the missing of the event, I quite enjoyed the rainy day.

Sunday was a much better day all around. I felt better. The sun was in and out. And I got things done. I took Max off the frame so that I could take a picture of what I have done. If you look closely, you can see the toes of my moccassins at the bottom, which gives you an indication of how big this is. Then I asked my husband to take a picture of me holding the project, so you could really gain perspective. In reality, I wasn't feeling quite that blurry yesterday, although this picture would dispute that fact.







And I actually tried holding it against the side of the washer/dryer to see if the size was right - and it is! Yippee. But I think I am going to make a kind of screen for it, so that I can affix it to the wall and the floor, rather than rely on magnets to do the trick. I think it's going to be far too heavy for that.

So, now you can understand how BIG this is. Even I have gained a new perspective. And will cut myself a little slack that it's taking a while to finish.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Now, that's a moose!!!

Sleeves, Socks and More Socks

The Voyage cardigan is coming along nicely. Sleeve #1 is done and sleeve #2 is just a couple of episodes of One Day away from done.  But bir...