Sunday, December 17, 2023

Finding Joy in Small Things

 Another interruption from "Hooking for Joy" was more Joy.

I made a few little ornaments - they are punched - and gave them as hostess gifts and decorations for people who are far away. Here they are posing for their close up on our mini tree.

Making home made ornaments has always brought me Joy. My kids received an ornament every year for the tree, so when they moved out, they already had a full tree worth of ornaments. 

I am now continuing that tradition with their kids. This year the Tree Stars for Jackson and Everleigh, and the Spiderman ornament for Charlie. (see earlier post)

Looking at all of these ornaments reminds me of when I made them, and why they were important that particular year. They are not trees, they are time capsules. 





No comments:

IT'S NOT HARD, IT'S NEW!

I love this expression. So much so that I bought a t-shirt that says so. I bought this from a knitwear designer I started following a few ye...