Friday, December 18, 2015

Bordering on Brilliant

That's the name of my class at Loyalist College next July. And it is inspired by the many incredibly brilliant borders I have seen on rugs done by friends, strangers and many talented people in the rug hooking community.

I received a pdf of the Rug Hooking School flyer from Loyalist college today. And this is the image that was used with the description of my class. I would love to say this was my creation, but it is NOT. And so far, I have been unable to locate the person whose it is, which is why there is not a credit with the image.


As I said at the top, I think this piece borders on brilliant!! It appears to break all the "rules" that one would normally follow when choosing a border, but in fact, it is the border that "makes" the piece unique and memorable. And is my favourite border reference piece - for many reasons.

If anyone knows who created this piece, would you kindly let me know - so that I can give the credit, and congratulations that are due.

In the meantime, I will use this piece as a teaching example and give credit as "artist unknown", which is what I should have done when I submitted it as an image with the class description.

As a person who truly respects copyright, I sincerely apologize for using an image without giving credit. I will continue to try to find the creator.




5 comments:

faryal naaz said...

It really gives me an insight on this topic.
pretzel of month club

Nancy said...

Wendie, Carol Feeney of Naples, FL does similar borders, although I do not believe this is a pattern of hers. Take a look at her website. Www.rugsbycarol.com.
I am in Florida until beginning of April, but I would like to take this course at Loyalist. Can I register online? Nancy Crapper, Brighton ON

Wendie Scott Davis said...

Hi Nancy,

Sorry so long in responding. And thanks for the link to Carol's site.

Took me a while to figure out where your message came from. I was just on the Loyalist site and they are asking people to check back in March. I am pretty sure you can register online. Here's a link for later.

http://www.loyalistcollege.com/programs-and-courses/summer-arts/

I bet you are part of the big hook in next month. Everyone i know who goes to Florida raves about it. Have fun.

Wendie

Moria said...

Hi Wendie,
March 2016 - I've just seen your post. The artist for this geometric piece is Shanna Orgovan. She's a relatively new hooker in Edmonton, Alberta, canada. Thanks for looking to credit her.

Wendie Scott Davis said...

thanks Moria. I am happy to know whose work this is and can credit her when I show it to my class. She is very good for a newbie.

The Mystique - and Mistakes - of Steeking.

I have discovered that I am a knitter who loves colourwork more than lace or cables. I guess it's just the way my brain works. I can kee...