Monday, July 25, 2011

A Sign Sure to Bring a Smile

Today is the first day of rain in a very long stretch. The days preceding have been hot and humid - much too sticky to even consider picking up a strip of wool. But the days have been filled with lots of guests, water play, good food, good wine and good fun.

One of the things that has brought laughter to all of us is a crazy sign in town, about which I decided to post. It's become a drive-by attraction of the first order. Here's the sign.


I'm pretty sure that they didn't intend it to be a funny bone tickler, but we have had hours of fun imagining all the things that those missing teeth are up to. The hijinks of missing molars and bicuspids is just too much fun to ignore. And trying to re-unite missing teeth with their owners must be a difficult undertaking.

However, we are keeping an eye out for them. If we spot them, we know who to call.

I can't remember the last time that I laughed to the point of tears, but this sign got me. I sure hope it isn't just a case of "you had to be there", and I hope you enjoyed this post.

No comments:

Sleeves, Socks and More Socks

The Voyage cardigan is coming along nicely. Sleeve #1 is done and sleeve #2 is just a couple of episodes of One Day away from done.  But bir...