Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Busy Hooking Time Ahead.

Well, early tomorrow morning, I am heading to Peterborough for a 4-day hooking and teaching extravaganza.

When I arrive tomorrow, my friend Jane is hosting her hooking group at her home for the afternoon - hopefully on a sunny deck. Then off to a friend's art show tomorrow night.

Then Saturday, a short jaunt to Trent School of Rug Hooking where I am teaching the Wide Cut section of the Teacher Trainee program for the OHCG. I can't believe how much stuff I have to take - no less than if I were teaching for the whole week, that's for sure!!!

I decided to be smart and put all my books and teaching materials in a large suitcase instead of the many boxes and baskets I have used in the past. It is a brilliant idea, until you have to move it up the stairs. Yikes - no lifting at all, just rolling up one step at a time. I think the technical term is "bumping up the stairs".

While I'm there, I'm doing a Show Case for a week-long class for next year. It's about hooking mats from photographs and how to use your computer at each stage of design, enlarge, colour plan and checking progress.

Here's a little mat that I finished to take. I felt I needed one more sample to go with what I already had.

Here's the picture I used.


And here's the little mat



Not sure why the photo looks so dark here -  a scan of a print, I guess.  I have a few others to show as well - all small "sketches" that I have done over the last year - mostly for gifts. I don't think any of them are larger than 12 x 16. A good project to do in a week, I think.

By the time I am ready to post again, I should have lots of "show and tell", which is something we all love.

Till then, enjoy the great weather. Somehow this image seems very suitable.

3 comments:

Deanne Fitzpatrick said...

very beautiful, gentle looking

Smallbones said...

Hi Wendy! I'm a friend of Ruth Dyer's & she was telling me about you a few days ago. I recently completed my first rug & I'm now making a few hot mats to sell. Great to see your beautiful place.

Katrina said...

Love the feet in the canoe!!! It is just wonderful - well done!

IT'S NOT HARD, IT'S NEW!

I love this expression. So much so that I bought a t-shirt that says so. I bought this from a knitwear designer I started following a few ye...