Friday, September 5, 2008

A link to something wonderful.


On May 5th, in my post about the Rug Hooking Annual in Midland, I wrote a bit about a group of rug hookers who have come together to raise funds for Women of the Congo, a cause about which they are passionate. They have called their group Women Matters, which is a proud, bold name. Karen Kaiser, another force to be reckoned with in our community, has designed and hooked a logo for them.

Women Matters have now created their own blog, which shares the history and progress of the rug they are working on. It shows the momentum that has been created by their undertaking and is truly inspirational in its content. I have added a link to my list to make it easy for you to go there.

Please visit them. Please contact them to let them know how wonderful they are. They represent the very best in our community and deserve to be told so again and again.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Hey cool!! I am going to meet these women today at Fiberfest in Almonte!!! I will let you know how it goes :)

IT'S NOT HARD, IT'S NEW!

I love this expression. So much so that I bought a t-shirt that says so. I bought this from a knitwear designer I started following a few ye...