Sunday, October 6, 2024

A heck of a month.

Not only have I not posted, I have not knitted nor hooked since that last post on September 6th.

A pinched nerve in my neck/left shoulder has had me in its grip, and is just now letting go. My weeks have been filled with heating pads, muscle and joint pain meds, and Lyrica for nerve pain. Little by little, I have been working my way back. With the help of a lot of therapy folks, I am feeling better every day. My chiropractor has worked magic with his gentle, strong hands and acupuncture.

And today is the first day that I have picked up knitting needles, with his blessing and a warning to take lots of breaks and not "look down". I am able to sit at my kitchen island, with my elbows on the table and hold my knitting up, so I don't have to lower my head to see what I am doing.

So many projects on the needles waiting for my attention, including a new one that I had started a month ago, called Sideline Wrap.  Not sure how it will look without a "bun", but will see when I am done. A certain grand daughter already has her sights on one. 

Luckily, I had one good distraction, which was getting ready for a Portrait Workshop in Cobourg, which took place on Thursday evening, all day Friday and Saturday. Not sure who had more fun - the students or me. But it was magical.

Here's a link to the blog post on the Northumberland Rug Hookers blog. Jennifer has written a pretty brilliant post with lots of pictures. 

https://northumberlandrughookers.blogspot.com/2024/10/portrait-topia.html

This was my first "inperson" workshop in a bit over a year, so I was ready for it. That said, it is still an exhausting undertaking for those of us in their 7th decade. lol. 

Now I just have to figure out how to make rug hooking a more "neck friendly" task. I am counting on more frequent breaks and lots of stretching to be the ticket.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

A heck of a month.

Not only have I not posted, I have not knitted nor hooked since that last post on September 6th. A pinched nerve in my neck/left shoulder ha...