Friday, July 19, 2019

Cozy Evvie is Complete - well at least the hooking part.

Here she is.

She is all hooked. She has the "best saying ever" on her shirt - printed on fabric, since it was way too small to hook. She has her waterspout hairdo. And she has a tulle overlay on her skirt (which, by the way, she doesn't wear - I just thought it was cute.)


I chose a lining fabric to go with all the colours on the front. I have a dark red wool that is a similar colour to the outside hooked line that will be the backing. And I got the heat-retaining batting at Fabricland, so I am ready to go - when i am ready to go, that is. Luckily, there are lots of DIY Tea Cozy instructions on Pinterest. So when I am ready to assemble, I will have some step=by-step instructions.

Think I will hook a couple more samples first. And then save all the assembly for when I am done. And will also do a French Press Cozy - it won't have the head above the rest, but will be an easy thing for folks who don't do tea, or want a simpler project.

Will share progress.

In the meantime, stay cool. It's over 40 here today with the humidex. Luckily the basement is like a cold storage room, so hooking is not a problem here.





No comments:

The Mystique - and Mistakes - of Steeking.

I have discovered that I am a knitter who loves colourwork more than lace or cables. I guess it's just the way my brain works. I can kee...