Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A New Blog Friend.


A wonderful thing happened last nite.

I found a comment posted on my blog entry yesterday and followed a trail that led me to Sunnie Andress, a folk artist in Vermont. She is a hooker, but also an amazing folk artist who works in many different media. Her website features many pictures of her amazing farm and the wildlife and snowscapes she captures. It is also filled with inspiring images of her work.

I visited her blog and left a couple of notes. I also visited her website and then sent her an email. I really do feel as if I have made a new friend. I have added her blog to my "sites I like" and if you have time, please go visit. She is doing the same on hers.

When someone leaves a comment on your blog, it's a bit like finding a gift at your door. It's a delightful surprise and it forms an instantaneous connection. In this world of internet doors, and the little gifts you find, there is invariably a journey that goes with the gift.

Sunnie's blog and website have postings from people from all around the world. It is fascinating to see what they have to say and to follow the links to their part of the world.

Thanks to the internet, it's easy to travel and meet people. I hope I get a chance to meet some of these new virtual friends. Who knows, we may just end up finding one another in the real world.

If I make my way to Vermont, I will definitely try to find Sunnie.

No comments:

IT'S NOT HARD, IT'S NEW!

I love this expression. So much so that I bought a t-shirt that says so. I bought this from a knitwear designer I started following a few ye...