Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Wow, months fly by, but so do decades.

Today, I just finished putting a new back on this pillow. I knew it was a few years old, but I couldn't remember exactly how many. So, I came and checked this blog - my virtual memory - and there it was. The original post was dated October 5, 2015.


So a decade ago, I created the pillow front for my daughter, as she hosted her first Thanksgiving dinner. And for 10 years, it has been saying "thanks" to friends who come to visit them, surviving the attention of Jasper the cat and their two kids, Jackson and Everleigh. On my last visit, I saw that the fabric on the back of the pillow was pulling away from the seams. I was more than happy to bring it home and to give it a new back, which will hopefully last for another decade.

Speaking of pillows, I just finished putting together a new one for my house. This one has a Tom Thomson pattern on the front, designed by Carol Shewan of Willow Creek Rug Hooking  I am a huge Group of Seven fan, and think Thomson may be my favourite. This pattern is called "West Wind". I have another one called "Jack Pine" that is waiting in the hooking queue. These are two of his best-known paintings.


Here it is in its new home - on a custom wool blanket created by my good friend Jen Manuell the maker extraordinaire at Fish Eye Sisters  If you do not know her work, please treat yourself to a visit.


All of this just in time for the cooler temps that are on their way. We will be snuggly warm under this wonderful blanket, that's for sure. 

Here's to a happy decade ahead for both of these creations.






No comments:

Sleeves, Socks and More Socks

The Voyage cardigan is coming along nicely. Sleeve #1 is done and sleeve #2 is just a couple of episodes of One Day away from done.  But bir...