Friday, November 1, 2019

Shift #4 Done and Jeffrey Approved.

Here are some pictures of grand-dog Jeffrey with his dad in their matching cowls, both knit from The Shift pattern by Andrea Mowry.





Pretty darn adorable, even though it proves that I have lost it. The good news is that there was enough yarn left over from Matt's cowl to make Jeffrey's without adding anything else from the stash. They are truly matching.

The amazing thing is that - as mathematically challenged as I am - I somehow figured out how to adapt the pattern to be half size. And it worked!!! I ended up eliminating some repeats from the different sections on the pattern. I figured if I had the same number of stitches on the two sides of the seam, when it was done,  it would be OK. And I was right, it seems. 


This picture is "Taffy" the model I used to make sure it would go over Jeffrey's head. I was so relieved to find out that it did. This is the first project that I have shared on Ravelry, because I thought maybe some folks might like to see the modifications.

I can't recommend this pattern enough and have a few more versions of it sitting in my stash.  With my new life with PMR, most of my sweaters are too warm, so a cowl is perfect. 

I don't see any more dog versions in my future. lol. Now onto some mitts for the two-legged "grands".



No comments:

Sleeves, Socks and More Socks

The Voyage cardigan is coming along nicely. Sleeve #1 is done and sleeve #2 is just a couple of episodes of One Day away from done.  But bir...