Friday, March 16, 2007

Deadline-Oriented Hookers Unite!


It's Friday morning at 9:00 a.m. It's my daughter Laura's 24th birthday today and this is a jellybean jean purse I am making for her. (Her nickname is The Bean, and this bag will be stuffed with jellybeans, which are her favourite candy.)

As you can see, it's not done! In fact, it's not even hooked yet. And I still have to finish the hooking, do the whipping, cut the jean leg to fit, cut the lining, assemble the purse and attach the strap. Oh well, I won't see her until 5:00 tomorrow, so I still have 32 hours! If I subtract working a full day today, eating and a few hours of sleeping, I really probably have about 8 hours to finish. But I'm not the least bit nervous!

I am extremely deadline oriented. It will undoubtedly be the end of me, but it's part of my DNA and there's not much I can do about it. If you give me all the time in the world to do something, I'm great at getting started, but I'm not so motivated to finish. But back me into a time corner, and I'll come out swinging every time.

The only unfinished hooking projects I have are ones that really didn't ever need to get done.
But the ones that were gifts or required for a show or workshop all got done in record time.

So, I'll do another post to show you the finished bag and how close I got to the 5:00 deadline.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

IT'S NOT HARD, IT'S NEW!

I love this expression. So much so that I bought a t-shirt that says so. I bought this from a knitwear designer I started following a few ye...